IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Hive World Terra is 4/5/2 years old!

Postby IBBoard at 31 Jan 2006, 22:25

I've just investigated the age of the site following an announcement on Warvault.net's Community site, and it turns out that this month (January) is about the time that the Hive World Terra forums first moved onto their own hosting under their own domain name (instead of the free Freedom2Surf hosting we used at first). The slightly scary thing is that that was four years ago!

Web.archive.org (always a great place for the retro version of a site) first logged us on the 1st February :) (web.archive.org list for hiveworldterra.ibboard.co.uk)

Digging even more, my profile says I signed up on the 20th March 2001, so the 'original' HWT forums from the start of F2S hosting is fast approaching 5 years old!

Also, a quick look at the Hive World Terra news shows that I started migrating content to it on the 17th March 2004 and officially opened it on the 22nd May 2004, so the main HWT website will soon be 2 years old!

Now if only I could find out how old the original clan-bertram.co.uk site is!

[edit] OK, I found the original Clan-Bertram age - it's over 6 years old! The whois for the domain says it was registered on 21st December 1999! That makes it ancient by website standards! Granted I never updated it much, it was a mish-mash of allsorts (including Sims downloads) and it doesn't exist as it used to any more, but the basis is still there in Hive World Terra :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Hive World Terra is 4/5/2 years old!

Postby MadMaffMan at 01 Feb 2006, 17:44

Happy Birthday. May there be many more. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Hive World Terra is 4/5/2 years old!

Postby IBBoard at 01 Feb 2006, 17:55

LOL, invasion of the clappy smilies, now I've made it :D

And yeah, hopefully there'll be many more :) if only I could get the community and content that a site of this size deserves! But I don't have a clue how most people get the communities and/or content that they do :(
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)