Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Emails not sending today

Postby IBBoard at 08 Sep 2005, 19:09

Hi,

Sorry for more bad news with the site, but our host has just taken nine hours (yes nine!) to solve a problem that was stopping us sending out emails to anyone outside of those domains hosted on our server. The issue may have been going on for longer (possibly since last night) but has now been fixed.

The worst part is that I wasn't getting replies for hours at a time, when normally they can respond within 20 minutes, and that it turned out to be single setting on the server that I Googled and found mention of before suggesting it. Only two hours after that (and with no replies in the mean-time) did the issue get fixed.

Suffice to say, the Management and Billing have been contacted (they have an Uptime Guarantee that phrases it as "your site will be operational" and one of the sites relies on the emails and so wasn't " Fit for proper functioning") and hopefully things should be back to normal.

If anybody has any problems with the website, then please contact me. Either webmaster at my blog domain (check the sig) or webmaster and the HWT domain should work :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)