New Scheme:Space Marines for counting posts

Librarian Rannos

New Scheme:Space Marines for counting posts

Postby Librarian Rannos at 19 May 2005, 22:00

I'd like to recomend a new scheme.Since there are so many guys[and girls ofcourse]who play with the Space Marines I find it apropriate to have such a seem included.Like the ranks for the IG scheme are 1st year cadet,2nd year cadet and so on until someone reaches the rank of colonel[like IBBoard or Emperor if you like] I propose that the Space marines scheme's ranks[if it is approved] should be:[from lowest to highest]
Battle-Brother,Scout,Scout Sergeant, VeteranScout,Space Marine,Veteran Space Marine,Sergeant,Captain,Chaplain,Company Master,Commander and Force Commander.As for the graphics I'm thinking about a bolter and for each every new rank attained a bullet will be added in the bolter's mag.Just a thought that I'd like to see it happen.Any feedback for the idea is welcom[it's good,horrible,fine,excellent etc.]

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: New Scheme:Space Marines for counting posts

Postby IBBoard at 22 May 2005, 10:11

I wouldn't be so sure about "battle brother" as the lowest rank (that means a Marine to me), maybe Neophyte. But I'll keep that in consideration as an idea, and see if TGSC or myself (or anyone else willing to help!) can come up with some badges. Personally I prefer something more rank based and less "lets add extra images" based (if you know what I mean)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 24 May 2005, 21:18

some ppl might not like being marines.. but i have no objections..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 May 2005, 21:23

We've got Guards at the moment, and we had Skaven and Orks for 40K before. If anyone can come up with a rank scheme, especially if you can do it and do the images as well(!) then I'll gladly add them once I've installed the rank themeing MOD.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 09 Jun 2005, 12:37

Great...How do we do that?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jun 2005, 08:43

OK, the MOD is in now and has been for a while, but I've still got to get round to adding the images back (hopefully tonight, if I remember).
To create rank schemes, just create images for each rank, plus a title and a recommended post count. I'll provide an example of the old scheme post counts in about 10 hours when I'm home and on the computer again (damned work!)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 14 Jun 2005, 10:26

Well I still can't change skins or ranking theme.And when I'm done with the images for ranking I'll post them.However the images will be static...I don't know anything about programing so I can't make them change once a post number has been reached.The only thing I'm gonna do is simple static images in either .gif or .jpeg.....

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jun 2005, 11:28

The changing is done automatically by the forum, you just need to make an individual image and title for each rank. The current count is normally about 14 ranks (including the levels of cadet) going up to 5000 posts for the top rank (possibly more)
As for skins, I'm still fighting various parts of the HTML to make it less text within table withing table within table within table and more text within paragraph. Once that is complete I'll make a new skin with the default HWT styling (or something close), and then I've also got a DoW:Winter Assault skin idea floating around (although probably more for the Skins@HWT site than the forums)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jun 2005, 20:18

OK, I've added the Ork, Imperial Guard and Skaven skins (all thanks to TGSC for the images I think) and they're working. But here is an example rank scheme for when you want to try to come up with a Marines scheme:

Imperial Guard:

Name, posts, image

1st Year Cadet 0 Image
2nd Year Cadet 5 Image
3rd Year Cadet 15 Image
4th Year Cadet 30 Image
Guardsman 50 Image
Guardsman (Decorated) Image
Sergeant 250 Image
Veteran Sergeant 375 Image
Lieutenant 500 Image
Captain 750 Image
Colonel 1000 Image
Jr Commissar 2500 Image
Commissar 3750 Image
Commissar-General 5000 Image

[edit] *looks* hmmmm, maybe the Comissar stars need redoing!

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 17 Jun 2005, 11:53

What's the difference from guardsman[50 posts] and guardsman decorated[? posts]???

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jun 2005, 12:30

Ooooops, we lost a post count. Guardsman (Decorated) is 125 posts and just has a gold badge instead of silver. It was just another 'rank' I came up with to even out the spacing.

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 20 Jun 2005, 14:32

How can you post images?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jun 2005, 07:39

You'll need to email your images to me to host if they're complete, or upload them to fileshack or wherever (can't remember where you put your avatar) and then do the following to put them in a post:

[img ]http://domain.com/path/to/image.jpg[/img ]

but without the extra two spaces :)