IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Gw Encyclopedia Needs Your Help!

Postby IBBoard at 19 May 2004, 10:30

Once again the RPG has been put on hold, but this time its for a realistic and original project that might bring more people to the site and the forum :)
As I mentioned in a different topic, I'm creating an Encyclopedia of everything Games Workshop. At the moment you can't search it, but with only 21 words in it so far its not exactly a problem! Words are categorised and type listed and can be filtered by first letter.
At the moment the encyclopedia is somewhat empty. What I need from you (and anyone you know) is a list of words and their definitions. Please don't just rip things straight from a GW book - put it in your own words and email it to me at webmaster[ at ]ibboard.co.uk with "Encyclopedia" somewhere in the subject line.
For those wanting to see what the encyclopedia is like at the moment (so they can make suggestions :)) got here.

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Jun 28 2004, 09:59 PM-->
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Jun 2004, 22:00

[update] We should now have a submission form so that you can submit your words directly to the database for my approval instead of emailing them to me.

*thinks*

might have to make sure that there is a link, thinking about it!

[edit] never mind, its missing some very important HTML and its on my other computer - I'll fix it tomorrow or the day after.

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Jun 28 2004, 10:18 PM-->
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jun 2004, 21:24

OK, it should be working now :) Submit away people :)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 15 Jul 2004, 15:25

remeber your archive listing all the WD articles like the one I was looking ofr the other day?

I found one similar to that, with some of the articles reporduced, which I'm sure is against copyright

http://www.criticalhit.co.uk/w40krp/appendix.shtml

^ the WH40k section but theres an entire website of it

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Jul 2004, 14:51

I've tripped over that site before. Yep, completely against copyright - you're not aloud to reprint anything that they have ever made (even really old stuff that they're never going to print again). Thats where our encyclopedia is different - its going to be people's research and input, so its all our own work and not infringing on their copyrights.

[edit]Is no-one helping? I've not had much time - it ends up as about 7:30 by the time I get in and have had food - but I'll hopefully be able to do something at some point (from the meager resource I have down here)

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Jul 24 2004, 03:12 PM-->