IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Server migration

Postby IBBoard at 27 Oct 2010, 12:47

If you can read this then you're on our shiny new server. Three times the memory of the old package we were on (or 50% more if you base it on our upgraded memory), more disk space, more bandwidth, and faster hardware to power it all. All for the same price each month (which actually works out as less each month after we drop the upgrade). All in all it should be a much improved server experience, thanks to our A Small Orange web host.

I'll slowly be migrating sites across as I get things up and running, but if you notice anything not working then give me a shout.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

snowblizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Progress to next rank:

61%

Re: Server migration

Postby snowblizz at 29 Oct 2010, 08:08

Always wanted to see a server migration... is it a big herd like buffalo or do they ave wings and fly in a V formation?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Server migration

Postby IBBoard at 29 Oct 2010, 18:15

I'd be concerned if they flew - damned nasty if one crashed in mid-flight! You'd better keep an eye out overhead when travelling near Redmond in case a server is heading home :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)