IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Forum update: phpBB v3.0.6

Postby IBBoard at 12 Dec 2009, 13:55

It took a little while to remember to do it, but I've just updated the forum to phpBB v3.0.6. There were quite a few changes to the template that I needed to make and several new features (mainly from the admin side, allowing me finer grain control of what is enabled and disabled) so if anything has broken then please yell!

Also, in case anyone notices anything odd with the "quick reply" box at the bottom of the page, phpBB now includes it as standard, so our original MOD has been replaced. It isn't quite perfect yet and I've got to manually enable it everywhere, but it seems okay now that I've removed half of the mess of HTML!

[edit] I don't think many people use it, but it looks like the new changes screwed up some of the rendering of PMs. I'm looking at it now.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Forum update: phpBB v3.0.6

Postby IBBoard at 12 Dec 2009, 20:29

Okay, PMs should be fixed now (curse those rogue extra closing tags!). Now I just need to work out what is stopping me logging in to my admin control panel :D

[edit] ACP login fixed, so now I can administrate again :D If anyone notices anything wrong (other than the quick reply being ugly, which I'll sort later) then please shout.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

NBKFuzzy
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

68%

Postby NBKFuzzy at 14 Dec 2009, 23:23

This quick reply is too ugly! Oh wait...
My muse is a fickle bitch, with a short attention span.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Dec 2009, 19:15

I'll sort it now while I remember :) Mainly it just needs centralising and making match the old style. Oddly, it works better in Opera and Chromium than in Firefox. The other two hide and show it properly, but Firefox doesn't trigger the "on load" event and so doesn't hide the quick reply.

[edit] Okay, I've patched up the quick reply box now, but I still don't know why it isn't working and hiding with Firefox.