Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

ezekeil777

RE: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby ezekeil777 at 13 Nov 2006, 06:14

could any 1 do what i said for me a few posts ago it would be greatly Appreciated

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Nov 2006, 13:44

MMM: Hope you get things sorted. Some more BT skins would be great. Maybe a stylised Land Raider? Or finish off the foot troops?

As for the badge, that's not too much of a 'graphical bug', more a texturing overside. Adonis has already fixed the similar one with the Tau badges :)

ezekeil: The texture's in the thread, and I'll add it to the main list in the first post soon. If I don't, drop me a PM. Once it's there it'll be obvious in the list for anyone who wants to to take up.

As for emailing Hangar-8, did you see the bit on his website (fairly) recently where he'd lost his emails? It might be best to try emailing him again if it was around that time.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 17 Nov 2006, 04:06

Got a good idea for a new Space Marine Skin. Ran across the Tyranic War Veterans from the Ultramarines chapter in the Games Workshop site. Looks really cool.
Check out Games Workshop, Warhammer 40k, Space Marines, Tyranic War Veterans. :) Image

ezekeil777

Postby ezekeil777 at 17 Nov 2006, 06:10

thanks ibboard for putting my ideas in ur list is means alot to me : )

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Nov 2006, 08:38

MASTERatARMS: I'm not quite sure what you want from the skin with that one. Most of the 'Tyranid wars' stuff is Tyranid body parts, which would require new models rather than just texture changes. You could try to make knee pads etc look like Nid parts, but it'd only really ever look good from one angle and one angle only (if you had the skill to make it look real and 3D from one angle and the wrapping didn't destroy that look).
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

ezekeil777

Postby ezekeil777 at 17 Nov 2006, 10:51

IBBOARD i will show you what i want do with the golden eagle marines, oh man i dont no how to put up a image, do i go to image shack
meh ill try or PM me and ill give you my email so i can send it then

[edit] i think thats it
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/650/smkn8.png

Edited by IBBoard to combine posts

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 17 Nov 2006, 15:08

Sorry IBBOARD, I did not think it would require a new model. I'm still learning.

ezekeil777

Postby ezekeil777 at 17 Nov 2006, 23:04

you would have to do it will all the helmeted models i think

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Nov 2006, 23:25

ezekeil: I'll add a link to the picture on the listing page, although I think your description is actually clearer than the image (it's only a simple change)

MASTERatARMS: NP, a few people have not quite understood the difference on their first request, but that's just because they've not worked on textures much. It would be cool to have models like that, but it'd almost certainly have to be part of a mod

*wonders whether any mod team is doing it*

MASTERatARMS

Postby MASTERatARMS at 18 Nov 2006, 02:14

That would be a cool mod though. Again thanks for the help with the switcher. I would be lost without that program :D

ezekeil777

Postby ezekeil777 at 18 Nov 2006, 04:35

so want r u working on now? umm how long would that change take do you think?

oh and also were can i get the latest mods tools with attrib editor ?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Nov 2006, 10:51

MASTERatARMS: Yeah, it would be a cool mod - graphically at least. It'd be great if they could make the Nid bits team colourable as well, but that'd just restrict the number of colours on the Marines. That's for another thread, though :)

As for the Pattern Switcher, glad you like it. It was my first release and it's only a simple app at the end of the day (it copies, pastes and keeps track of what's where) but it's sometimes the simple apps that are best.

Ezekeil: At the moment I'm working on improving the website, approving other people's submissions, the various tools I've produced, thinking of new content for the main HWT website and, of course, real life. Unfortunately I'm not a student any more, so that final one tends to stop most of the big plans I have.

Overall the change shouldn't be too major (it's mainly a case of copying the eyes from the old style to Hangar-8's and making the bolter non-team colourable) but you've also got to think of other bits, like the fact you should really do it to the Apothecary as well, and that you'd have to do the same to all of the other weapons etc.

Your best bet is still contacting Hangar-8. Like I said, he lost his emails recently so it's possible that yours got lost then as well. Also, I think he has strict filtering on, so make sure you put "WH40K" before the subject. Whoever works on the pack is going to need Hangar-8's permission to alter his work, so someone's going to need to contact him at some point.

ezekeil777

Postby ezekeil777 at 18 Nov 2006, 13:12

yer i just sent him an email like yesterday (for me) and i have no reply yet

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Nov 2006, 15:55

Okay, well see how that goes. It can sometimes take me a couple of days to get round to emails due to real life and a lack of going on the computer at times. Plus Hangar-8 seems to get flooded by more emails than I do.

BeliSidhe

Postby BeliSidhe at 20 Nov 2006, 17:36

Ok this isnt a new skin but a modification of one that is out there . I have tried but i cant figure out how to do it myself with Photoshop CS2. The Skin is Slash's Space marines. What i would like to do to it is make the Mohawks colorable with trim 2 the rebreather mask with trim, Erase 2 of the Service studs becuase why should a marine have more studs then a sgt. Also Make the eagle wings permenantly gold and the skulls permenantly bleached bone color. Thas mainly what i'd like to do. But this is prolly very non codex but if possible making them have bare arms with possibly some tribal tats on the arms and scalp colorable with Trim. That may be a real pain but just an idea. I like Slash's Space Marine Skin because it is so different and the SM's look like real ruffnecks going without some of there armor. hmmm after thought what about giving the SM a Bionic Monocle that is colorable with Secondary thas another neat idea. and make the other eye Colorable with say Trim 2. Also I noticed a black line on the scalp of the SM and other skins he is used for, Again i tried to fix it but i just dont understand skinning enough yet.
Again only thoughts i was trying to do it myself but all i managed was a headache lol.

PreviousNext