Want to beta test on Linux or Mac?

HeWhoWatches
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

18%

Re: Want to beta test on Linux or Mac?

Postby HeWhoWatches at 25 Jul 2010, 23:46

Excellent stuff, thanks for taking the time to give me a few pointers! I'll have a more in-depth look tomorrow if possible and get back to you... :wink:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Jul 2010, 18:33

No problem - I need more help with the development, so anything I can do to make people familiar with it is a benefit :)

We've also now got a Qt# interface that I was going to concentrate on more than the GTK# interface because, TBH, GTK# is one of the most hideous APIs I've ever worked with. For some reason they decided to keep the non-OO C-like API in the basically pure OO C#/.Net wrappers and not add convenience methods. Qt# is a bit nicer to work with (once you suss signals), and it is based on Qt4 so it looks like GTK when run under Gnome. The only problem was that it was a bit unstable the last I used it.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Dec 2010, 13:50

We've just had our first beta tester on a Mac :) It looks like Mono itself has a few problems with correctly painting the WinForms interface on Mac, but "Cherubinetto Landolfino" has posted about it with screenshots here (English translation by Google)

There is one minor change to the command that was needed to run WarFoundry WinForms on Mac, but it has been documented as a packaging issue in a few places. Ideally we'll end up with a native Mac interface (perhaps even an iPad one using MonoTouch), but we'll need other developers for that. In the mean time then the WinForms interface works, even if it isn't perfect. The GTK# interface may be another option when it is completed, as MonoDevelop is available on the Mac and uses GTK'
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 Dec 2010, 15:56

WarFoundry GTK# is nearing its first v0.1 release! I'll announce when it is done, but the milestone is nearly complete - just a preferences dialog with language settings to do! Now we just need testers...

Previous