Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

sunray

RE: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby sunray at 04 Jul 2006, 21:39

Hi IBBoard,

I finally arrived at the right thread. I think.

Carrying on from my request on the UberPainterWA thread, I will try and spell out clearly what I would like to have.

I currently have a WHE and WHN file (but no WTP file) for the WA guardsmen (guardsmen_soldier.xxx), which are actually the “codex_guardsmen” (by Hovac), posted as a free to use download, on the c2c thread. (And no matter what I do, I can’t get the melta gun to appear on them. But that’s besides the point).

What I would like, is for these guardsmen to have a wide stripe running from front to back across the middle of their helmet (similar to ones I have seen on the HRM mod conscripts, some representations of the white shields, or the stripe that one of the IG mods have put on DOW PDF troops). I am only guessing the width of the stripe, but I estimate it should look alright if it went from the about the middle of top of the Imperial eagle wing on one side of the helmet, to the middle of the top wing on the other side of the helmet.

The important thing is that I would like the stripe to be set to the same colour as whatever the secondary colour is set to in the UberPainterWA. Of course the Imperial Eagle would have to remain, and still be set to the trim colour. Could you do this for me please? If you can see your way clear to do this, I can send you the files you specify when requested.

While on the subject of IG helmets, has anyone ever given thought to extending the camo pattern of the uniform to cover the helmet as well? Still retaining the Imperial Eagle of course.

And finally, is it feasible to have a helmet colour independent of any other colour setting, like the primary/secondary/trim/trim2/weapon settings? In other words could you add a helmet colour setting to the already fantastic UberPainterWA?

Regards

sunray
:) :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jul 2006, 21:23

Your first two requests should be okay, once I get a chance to do them. Your third one, unfortunately, isn't possible.

Everything regarding the colour 'layers' is hard-coded into the game engine. We're stuck with primary/secondary/trim/trim2/weapon and we can't go anything about it. As I said in the other thread, that's why Relic had to fix the colour of the Space Marine eyes when they wanted to separate the tactical arrow from the gun - they didn't have a 'spare' colour they could use. It would be great if we had more colours to work with, but I guess five is a nice workable number that covers most schemes and doesn't give you too many options that lots of people would end up setting to the same colours.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 25 Aug 2006, 03:09

What ever happened to that one Genetalmen who took on the SKin Idea i had,I haven't seen him post in a long time about the skin..or if it was even finished and such,I hope he is alright.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Aug 2006, 12:13

Adonis? He's a mod on the Relic Forums now. Perhaps he got a little busy - I know I have been recently. Have you tried PMing or emailing him?
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 26 Aug 2006, 23:43

Errmm..Good Idea on that one ^_^;;;

Brother Anak

Armuor

Postby Brother Anak at 03 Sep 2006, 17:41

If I might suggest: MK2, MK3, MK4, MK5, MK6 Armour for SpaceMarines.
I've seen pictures. So it can't be impossible...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Sep 2006, 17:11

It's not impossible to make MK2/3/4/5/6 Marine models for the game, but it is impossible to do them just as skins ;) If you want alternate armour MKs then try one of the Horus Heresy based mods or something like Closer to Codex :)

Brother Anak

Postby Brother Anak at 05 Sep 2006, 12:24

But the Heresy mods are all not ready yet... :roll:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Sep 2006, 18:12

I thought at least one of them had released a demo or early release, and I'm certain that Closer to Codex has at least Mk6 (think Beakies were Mk6) and possibly somewhere around Mk3 - I've seen them floating around on the Relic forums.

Anyway, that's a discussion for a separate (non-skinning) thread since it all involves modelling :)

ezekeil777

space marines

Postby ezekeil777 at 11 Nov 2006, 12:33

hello, i hope some 1 gets this i dont no how old these forums are.

any way it has been bugging me that hanger-8 made the golden eagle rhino and predator but didn't make any of the other SM vehicles
so i would like that issue to be looked into and also with hanger-8's final golden eagle SM's the eyes are always green and that doesnt work for a few armies sooooooo i thought u could make the bolter always black and make it colour the eyes! if these could be looked into it would be very good..................plz plz plz

thanks

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 11 Nov 2006, 13:34

The forums are very old - check my registration date ;) - but there's still some people around. Age and popularity are two different things.

Have you tried the slightly older Golden Eagle Space Marines (1.3 style) skin, or do you specifically want the most recent pack with the changes you mentioned?

As for the vehicles, Hangar-8 himself may be able to do them. He has an account on here, although I've not seen him around for a while, or his own website is at http://wh40k.ei8ht.net/

ezekeil777

Postby ezekeil777 at 11 Nov 2006, 22:37

well i really like the skins he has done on the lastest 1 (being able to colour the skull and tac symbol
being able to colour the eyes would be great eg. set the bolter always black( iv'e seen this in a different colour helmet skin) and make that colour the eyes. im no sure on how long it would take because i have no idea about skinning but im sure it wouldn't take too long.

i contacted hanger-8 by e-mail but i have not heard back.

oh and to answer your question yes, lol sorry i got abit carried away

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Re: space marines

Postby MadMaffMan at 12 Nov 2006, 04:12

ezekeil777 wrote:
.....any way it has been bugging me that hanger-8 made the golden eagle rhino and predator but didn't make any of the other SM vehicles
so i would like that issue to be looked into.....

thanks

Hanger 8 has also done a SM dreadnought which you can grab on his website and there is also a Land Raider which was a WIP, i know it had extra details like purity seals but i'm not sure about the eagles and skulls being golden, anyway i don't think that he ever released it to the general community for some reason. I don't know why because it's a vast improvement on the stock version.

Glad to see that the site is still up, keep up the great work IBBoard.

Now i really must go and start playing DC. lol
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Nov 2006, 08:03

Good to see you back, MMM. Any chance you're going to be taking up some of the skinning again now DC is out? :) It's not good the site being up if we don't have good content ;)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 12 Nov 2006, 13:01

That's the plan, it always bugged me that i never got to do more Black Templar skins. :wink:

I'm in the middle of setting up my new PC, i'm having a few GC driver probs, and i want to see what i can salvage from my old HDD's after my last PC took a dump some months back. :evil:

I gotta say that i like what i've seen of DC so far, apart from a few graphics bugs e.g. no badge on the FC's pauldron. :oops:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

PreviousNext