Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Adonis
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

0%

RE: Suggestions for new skins (16 skins to do)

Postby Adonis at 13 Mar 2006, 13:12

Ok cool. The image helps. What I gather is this:

- Primary colors will be helmet, backpack, torso, and thighs
- Secondary colors will be shoulder pads, arms, and lower legs
- All other coloring options will remain as is.

Just give the ok if that's how you want it and I'll get started on it.

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 14 Mar 2006, 00:38

I love you ^_^ and go right a head,I just threw that Idea out there for people to have fun with. hehe Have at thee Skin! :lol:

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 20 Mar 2006, 02:58

hmm I guess hes busy working on the Skin lol either that hes Improving on the Idea on which I gave him ^_^

Adonis
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

0%

Postby Adonis at 23 Mar 2006, 03:44

Sorry. It's been pretty busy this week with classwork and all (and being made a moderator on the Relic News forum). I anticipate having it finished either tomorrow or Friday.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Mar 2006, 09:09

You're still only a Cadet here, though ;) Just yell when you want it hosting - it should upload through the form, and then if you can ImageShack some screenies or mail them to me it'd be great :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Adonis
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

0%

Postby Adonis at 24 Mar 2006, 03:45

Yeah, yeah, rub the cadet rank in my face :P I'll be sure to include screenies when she's done.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2006, 08:39

Good :)

And all you need is 50 posts to stop being a Cadet, or you could change to an alternate scheme and become a Grot or something ;) :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 25 Mar 2006, 05:25

There was nothing wrong with being a Cadet,Personaly I thought the rank was nice to have ^_^

Adonis
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

0%

Postby Adonis at 30 Mar 2006, 00:07

Bad news. My computer died on me. I can't get the OS running at the moment and may have to take it in for repairs. For now, I'm using my laptop, but I don't have any of my programs (Photoshop) on this one. I'm dead in the water for now. :( Sorry Sister Helios. Hopefully I'll have it running again before the end of the week.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Mar 2006, 08:21

Good luck getting the machine sorted - I hope it isn't anything too fatal.

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 30 Mar 2006, 22:26

:: pat Pat:: Its ok,The Tech Priests will help you and I know the problem will be sorted,if not,send them my Way :twisted:

Adonis
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

0%

Postby Adonis at 04 Apr 2006, 19:58

All right then! System is fixed. Everything seems to be back up to 100%. Don't think I lost any valuable info from the HD. We'll see in the next few days.

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 05 Apr 2006, 01:11

ha my Threat worked then! ^_^ ::Beams::

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 07 Apr 2006, 11:47

A skin for space marines that makes about half the squad have those pointy noses might be nice. Or to remove the backpacks from the scouts, cos' theyre not on the actual models. Really, I'm looking at one right now.

You could have a skin that made all of scouts clothes and armour camo. Or you might be able to do that by downloading the mod that allows you to team colour scouts, and then add the camo mod. I dunno, maybe it's worth a try. -thinks-

It sounds silly, but how about a skin that shows the marine's combat knives in a belt or somewhere, when they're not using them.
Matbe a mod that adds loads of purity seals to dreadnaughts and terminators. (Actually, probarbly best to put that on the Chaplain)

Maybe a Chaos skin, that involves a spike coming out of each marines backpack, and on it is a severeley mauled and bloodied head, skull or anything like that. Or, on a Space or Chaos marine's sergeant's banner pole, could be a large Ork or Eldar head (For space marines) or a large Marine or Imperial Guard head (for Chaos)

Can you do skins for buildings? if you can, then maybe add a small skull probe or servitor to some of the marine buildings, or to add a spike with a dead body on it for Chaos buildings.

Maybe an Ork skin that shows the Orks with their mouths and close combat weapons encrusted with dry blood, or something. Particularly the Slugga Boyz choppaz.

I'm starting to get into the realms of fantasy now, so I'll stop.
Most of these ideas are silly anyway. :wink:

TGSC wrote:Not sure what the GW's attitude is for non fantasy stuff

GW don't actually have any non fantasy stuff. Well, they may have something really ancient that I don't know about, which is likeley, seeing as how Warhammer etc. is 28 yrs. old, and I'm 14 so.........

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Apr 2006, 12:58

Just a tip - 'edit' is your friend, and it's always good to make sure you open and close all tags (e.g. the Quote tag)

Most of what you are talking of isn't skinning, it's modelling. Beakie Marines alread exist in some of the mods, especially the Depth of Heresy. Adding spikes and skullprobes is the same - it's modelling, not skins. Skinning buildings is possible, though. It's just that no-one (except Oxford for the Warseer skin) has wanted to do much to them.

If MadMaffMan makes any Black Templars Terminator skins, I'd expect those to have extra purity seals on. Camo scouts should be possible, just not done yet, and removing their backpacks may be possible through a skin (just by making it invisible). If anything, I think they should stick with the backpack, though, because it's more in-keeping with a squad that has to be out in the field for a long time.

The Ork skin is partially already available - check out Grimjaw's Orks.

As for your comment on TGSC's post, what he meant was he wasn't sure how GW Legal are with including real-world inspiration in skins, such as WWII-esque skins. Including anything that isn't their intellectual property is not allowed (i.e. the vast majority of the junk badges on DoWFiles.com), but I'm guessing real-world military inspiration is allowed. If it wasn't, most of the Guard regiments wouldn't exist!

PreviousNext