Sandwich's Wip [Camoflauge: last post]

Sandwichwarrior

*Update* Single Player Skins

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 21 May 2005, 04:57

These are the non teamcolorable versions

[img]http://img270.echo.cx/img270/1504/banshees4ao.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img262.echo.cx/img262/9664/warpspiders0hr.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img283.echo.cx/img283/615/reapers2xd.jpg[/img]

These are pretty much final version, i've just run into alittle trouble with the Banshee (RSH Troubles) once i get over that little hump the pack'll be ready for download.

I'm considering makeing the "Singleplayer" skins available in wtp format as well for the die hards who don't care about teamcolors.

As always i'm looking for feed back.

PS: It says "Relic" in futhark
Last edited by Sandwichwarrior on 20 Jun 2005, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Sandwich's Wip [Camoflauge: last post]

Postby IBBoard at 22 May 2005, 10:31

Cool, they look perfect for the fluff (and the distinction of the Exarches works well too).
Nice touch with the Futhark :D
Hope you fix the RSH problem, and get the single-player WTPs as well - can definately see some people wanting them :) And Skins@HWT is moved over now, so I can host it for you if you want :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 May 2005, 20:34

They're now available on Skins@HWT, in our new Eldar patterns section: http://skins.hiveworldterra.co.uk/Downloads/cat/5/
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Sandwichwarrior

Tiger Wraithlord WIP

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 04 Jun 2005, 03:24

I still need to apply the pattern to the arms and legs and make it team colorable but I'm going to sea so i'll be offline till the 18th, our when ever we get back.
Last edited by Sandwichwarrior on 29 Jun 2005, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 05 Jun 2005, 08:46

It has some of that tribal tattoo thing going on. It is ab fab. This thing will rock down the house. I would only pattern the forearm and calf. Great start, Sandwich.

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 05 Jun 2005, 10:11

Nice,but could you post smaller images? My 56k modem is taking minutes to load them[Actually something less than a minute but it still bores me to wait...]Anyway it's very nice.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jun 2005, 12:27

Cool, I love the patterning :) I'd agree with Mel_Danes though, don't over do the patterning and just keep it to the extremeties where the area is larger and not quite so spindly. Out of the colour schemes, I think I prefer the Biel Tan :)
And I'd agree with Rannos as well - at 170K it looks like those are fairly uncompressed JPGs, I'm sure they'd drop down to 60-80K and still look good :) (I've done it with some of the preview images on the site)

Just tell me when they're done, and hopefully I won't be away from my home computer! (although if you're back on a weekend, then I probably will be :\ )

Sandwichwarrior

A or B

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 20 Jun 2005, 19:54

Well i'm back online with some more work to show. I finally have the head done to my satisfaction (F*&kin UV maps) and the arms are coming along nicely. in the mean time though i'm looking for a second opinion, should the head be primary with secondary stripes or vice versa. They both look good and i'm having trouble deciding.

The arms and legs would stay the same regardless

PS. IBBoard, i have updated versions of my eldar skinpack (bugfixs, better compression, and so on) where do you want me to send them
Last edited by Sandwichwarrior on 29 Jun 2005, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jun 2005, 07:36

Glad you're back :) and they look great - the tribal patterns done lighter looked good, but the flame-style where they are different colours looks better :)
I think that for the majority of Eldar, Secondary head with Primary flames would look better: Iyaden warriors are often yellow with blue heads, Saim Hann are red with white heads, Alaitoc are blue with light (usually yellow) heads etc. The example Biel Tan certainly looks a bit better with mainly green head (probably because it gives more definition to the head)

As for the skins - Skins at hiveworldterra dot co dot uk please :) I'll get them up as soon as I can (and hopefully get round to doing some of my own skinning work at some point!)

*edited to correct the way round the colours should be!*
Last edited by IBBoard on 21 Jun 2005, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 21 Jun 2005, 10:21

If they have different colour heads surely secondary head with primary flames would be better? I prefer Wraithlord B for Biel-Tan and I think it would look better on the Iyaden Wraithlord the other way round as well.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jun 2005, 11:19

TGSC wrote:If they have different colour heads surely secondary head with primary flames would be better? I prefer Wraithlord B for Biel-Tan and I think it would look better on the Iyaden Wraithlord the other way round as well.

Damnit, yeah, that's what I meant :D *goes back to edit post*

Sandwichwarrior

Tiger Wraithlord v1

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 22 Jun 2005, 16:33

Arms and legs are done.

IBBoard, i sent the files to that address you gave me, just tell me when you have them posted so i can put a link in the forum.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jun 2005, 18:21

OK, the pattern is now up (the Wraithlord). I'll add the updated Aspect Warriors soon, and some screenies when I have time to make them (sorry, I've just got to have them in my style and a bit bigger :D)

I also re-zipped it before adding it, because I noticed you mentioned "trigers" :D

[edit] oooops, linkage - http://skins.hiveworldterra.co.uk/Downloads/detail/66/

Sandwichwarrior

Sandwich's Space Marine Camo v2

Postby Sandwichwarrior at 29 Jun 2005, 22:19

I recently started playing Compiler's very cool Rinoz mod this plus TT related events have led me to revisit one of my first projects and apply what i've learned.

* 2 tone Camoflauge pattern using primary and secondary colors Added to Space Marines, Sargents, and Assault Marines
* Imperial Eagles are now gold with a "bleached bone" skull as befits an emblem of the Imperium
* Adds checkerboard pattern to right knee that changes with weapon, and trim.
* Added hair and stubble to sargent.
* minor adjustments to gun textures
* "Tactical Arrow" on right shoulder set to trim color
* Trim added to backpack vents

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Jun 2005, 07:49

Cool, looking good :) Primary-secondary camo could leave some colour schemes looking rather ugly and garish, but it will work better in the long run for a camo scheme. The eagle and skulls look like much better quality than the ones on my first skin! How much more have you got to do on them? and if you didn't send them in the last hour, are you going to email them to the normal address to be hosted?

I mailed you a question about your updated Aspect Warrior skins, but I'll just check them myself tonight (should have time now!)

PreviousNext