IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Screenshots for downloads - help needed

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jun 2008, 14:29

The Skins@HWT website currently has a reasonable backlog of downloads that have been posted with the message "screenshots will be added soon". Unfortunately soon has, so far, not come for many of the downloads. This is partly due to a lack of prioritisation of time on my part and partly due to the fact that I'd generally rather have the file uploaded and available than unavailable just because it doesn't have a screenshot.

If anyone can help by contributing screenshots to downloads that are missing them it would be a huge help. What we're generally looking for is clean screenshots (in the army painter is easiest, or in-game shots with no UI and no unit selection icons etc) in a style that's similar to our current screenshots. Sizes should be up to about 750px wide or high, whichever is the biggest (so crop and resize down to 500x750, not 750x1125) and preferably below about 125KB.

Please post links to screenshots in here (uploaded to somewhere like ImageShack or any other free hosting) and I'll take suitable ones and use them on Skins@HWT. Please don't post the images in the post (use [url] not [img] for the BBCode) as it will make the post take ages to load.

Thanks.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: Screenshots for downloads - help needed

Postby stfas at 14 Jun 2008, 15:56

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 Jun 2008, 15:58

Thanks for those - I'll get them added now before I forget. Looks like you're playing with a modded model based on the Sergeant and Assault Marine models :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 14 Jun 2008, 17:53

there from FoK beta 3 (i added them to a personal mod, and the colour scheme just fit in with the assault marines model, it uses a separate skin from the space marine, it just fit in with how the skin should look)

edit:

heres the picture of the skin i just added:

Nightbringer TC Cloth

forgot to add that a part of the weapon is TC too, but i don't want to resubmit it just to add that >.<

gtx69
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby gtx69 at 29 Jun 2008, 20:30

Last edited by gtx69 on 30 Jun 2008, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.

gtx69
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby gtx69 at 30 Jun 2008, 08:22

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 30 Jun 2008, 12:40

i think you're supposed to post to pictures without screenshots only...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Jun 2008, 17:12

gtx69: Thanks for those, I'll try to get them added soon. The comparisons can be quite useful for some of the textures, although I normally don't bother as people either know what the original looked like or can pick it up from the description and just use the picture to get an idea of whether they like the skin.

stfas: Any screenshots for downloads that don't already have them are useful.

gtx69
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby gtx69 at 30 Jun 2008, 20:06

I made those pictures in the way how I would like to see them on S@HWT myself. Maybe many people know what original look like or they can make choice only by reading the description, but I think, that is always nice to have a comparison which you can use instantly to look how the differences present themselves. I also think, that there is no need to always show view form every side of a model and show every detail, so I tried to catch only that, what's essential for every skin.

I've noticed some problems with ImageShack. It looks like sometimes there are strange errors with displaying some pictures - some of those links for e.g. I couldn't display in the morning but at this moment they work fine - but now others show errors when trying to view :?:

I'm always glad to help.
So, if the pictures I've posted here are OK, I'll try to add more soon.

gtx69
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby gtx69 at 01 Jul 2008, 11:29

Eldar Harlequins (byThunderrat):
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/963/eldarharlequinsjr9.jpg

In this pack there are two skins (one alternate) - and I think that there are problems with the second one (it looks very strange on model).

Team Colourable Avatar (alternate) (by Slayer):
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5089/teamcolourableavatarig9.jpg

Leman Russ with no markings (by Iron_Father):
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1256/lemanrussnomarkings1vr7.jpg
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1705/lemanrussnomarkings2rg7.jpg

Ornate Imperial Commissar (by Seaglen):
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4889/ornatecommissar1iu9.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8900/ornatecommissar2su6.jpg

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Jul 2008, 19:34

Thanks for those. I agree with your point about comparisons, but I'd kind of assumed that on the whole people would like larger single shots (largest side being 750px) than smaller divided pictures.

If it does turn out that people have a preference for split images (or a page of "original textures", which would be more efficient as you'd only transfer the original image once) then I'll keep it in mind.

ImageShack seems to be working at the moment, but I have had it fail on me before and then work an hour later. I'll snag the pictures now and hopefully get them uploaded tomorrow. Babies and feeding times don't lead to very productive time on the computer, especially not when his "feed" involves five minutes of sucking on the bottle followed by a ten minute sleep where he cries for more food if you put him down!

As for the Harlequin, IIRC it mentions somewhere (readme?) that one is for DC and one is for SS, or WA and DC or something along those lines. It would explain why one doesn't quite fit as well.

[edit] Maybe I spoke too soon. None of the images from the img329 subdomain will load at the moment. They're all getting error 500. I'll get them later instead.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 01 Jul 2008, 20:31

what are you guys talking about? its working fine for me (might be because its later now)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Jul 2008, 18:05

I've had occasional errors with ImageShack servers where they won't show the image. It does seem to be intermittent, but those remaining images on that one server aren't even loading at the moment! I'll get them at some point.

[edit] Still no luck with the remaining three screenshots. Also, too much time was taken up by looking after Cyrus, so maybe tomorrow I'll get the screenshots up :) They are appreciated, though, it's just time is limited to thumbnail, upload and edit the pages!

gtx69
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby gtx69 at 03 Jul 2008, 21:34

I've uploaded again images that were on the img329 subdomain. Strange thing - they work fine for me :|

Eldar Harlequins (byThunderrat):
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9378/eldarharlequinsxv2.jpg

Team Colourable Avatar (alternate) (by Slayer):
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8693/teamcolourableavatardi5.jpg

Ornate Imperial Commissar (by Seaglen):
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2269/ornatecommissar2rj3.jpg

I hope there will be no problems this time.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Jul 2008, 12:29

Strangely, they work for me at the moment from my work machine (new and old)! Oh well, I'll try and add those remaining ones tonight or tomorrow :)

Next