How to change Dark Crusade campaign scheme?

Jaylo101
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

44%

Re: How to change Dark Crusade campaign scheme?

Postby Jaylo101 at 13 May 2008, 13:58

Its a good idea to make rsh files from all your recoloured dds files before you add "_default_" to the end of the name to make rtx files as they already have the correct filename, and yes rsh's are used in the menu's.
These are the correct numbers to use for replacing the campaign schemes:

space marines: _default_0
tau: _default_0
necrons: _default_0
chaos: _default_1
eldar: _default_5
imp. guard: _default_8
orcs: _default_4

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 May 2008, 18:20

Thanks for that list :) I didn't realise the Guard went up to 8, since all of the other races only have eight default schemes (so texture sets numbered 0-7). Maybe Relic added it later or something.

I'd forgotten that some menus use RSH files. That should only affect the force commander of each race, though.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Ravage777
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby Ravage777 at 14 May 2008, 02:36

Man all this stuff is such greek to me.
I really need to find somebody that will do this for some payment of money.
Otherwise i know it will take me 10x longer to do what somebody who actually knows what theyre doing would take.

Sincerely
Ravage777

Jaylo101
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

44%

Postby Jaylo101 at 14 May 2008, 14:22

If you have a look in the scenarios\sp folder at the scar files for the strongholds at the begining under game setup you'll see how each race is setup for the maps, with the guards colourscheme ref as "default_8" or simply as "liberators".

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 14 May 2008, 18:39

Jaylo: I'll have to give that a look. I've always know that it's there, I've just never looked at it myself in much detail. Liberators is strange - I'd have assumed that would make it fall back to the RSH since that wouldn't exist. Maybe that's what they're doing with "default_8" as well, since I've never seen an RTX file with a name like that.

Ravage: Is there any particular bit that's confusing? Most of the topics have tried to give step-by-step instructions. They assume some knowledge of the tool (i.e. you've seen the interface) but they generally don't involve much understanding beyond what button to press. That's part of why I think this could be whipped up fairly quickly.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Jaylo101
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

44%

Postby Jaylo101 at 15 May 2008, 12:00

IBBoard wrote:Jaylo: I'll have to give that a look. I've always know that it's there, I've just never looked at it myself in much detail. Liberators is strange - I'd have assumed that would make it fall back to the RSH since that wouldn't exist. Maybe that's what they're doing with "default_8" as well, since I've never seen an RTX file with a name like that.

That's why i always make rsh's of all team recoloured dds's in case the game ever refers to the rsh.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 15 May 2008, 12:30

IBBoad guards are probably having 9 because they have the "Tau Gue'vas" scheme too (tau ending of dc)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 May 2008, 18:49

I never got that far, so I wouldn't know ;) It would make sense though. At some point I might check the files that actually exist and see what there is :D

Previous