IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

New car! *waves bye-bye to money*

Postby IBBoard at 02 Sep 2006, 13:45

So, I now have a job and a new car :) Well, I don't have the new car yet, but close enough.

Went out today and put the deposit down on a 2nd hand car - X-reg (2000) 1.2 litre Fiat Punto ELX. It's the slightly strange orange-copper-brown colour they did it in, but it's not done huge amounts of mileage, it's a 5-door so it has plenty of boot space, it has adjustable height on the seat and steering wheel (which the 51-reg 3 door Fiesta didn't have) and it has a strange 'City' mode that lightens the power steering even more for really tight corners at slow speeds :)

Total price? £2500 plus road tax. I've also just bought my insurance through Marks and Spencers. £100 excess, plus an additional £200 for being under 25, (which is one of the lowest people would do) and it only cost about £850. Considering I've had my license all of about 10 months and not driven before, that's quite cheap.

As of Wednesday I should actually have the car, and as of next week I'll be driving to work instead of cycling to the train station, getting the train and then cycling from the station to work.

I'll just have one final expense left after the road tax: Petrol :D Luckily the Tesco near us is doing it at about 89p per litre, so it isn't too expensive compared to most places (although any Americans reading will no doubt the terrified at the thought of those kind of prices!)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)