IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

I can drive!

Postby IBBoard at 06 Dec 2005, 14:17

I just took my driving test today and passed first time :) only 5 minor faults (one steering, which I think was due to some crappy little mini-roundabout, three mirrors for the times I checked during/after signalling and one for not signalling correctly, possibly when pulling around a parked vehicle) and they allow you 15 :)

Now all I need is a car, somewhere to park it and a reason to drive :D oh, plus huge amounts of money for tax, insurance and however much you need for a smallish car for fuel these days!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: I can drive!

Postby TGSC at 07 Dec 2005, 22:46

Yay, congrats :clap: how come you got penalised for mirroring during/after signalling, thought it was mirror, signal, mirror, move (I can't spell manu...manoveur...that might be right)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Dec 2005, 08:06

Well, it's "mirror, signal, manoeuver", so if I go "mirror-signal, manoeuver" or "signal, mirror, manoeuver" then I'm not doing things quite right. The fact that I don't move until after I've signalled isn't the important bit, it's the fact that I've signalled before I finished checking my mirror.

And you need to make that clapping smilie again for pale backgrounds ;)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 09 Dec 2005, 21:53

Well done passing your test on the first go....your now a fellow member of the 'First timers'. :lol:

I passed my test so long ago that i had a gezzer walk in front with a red flag and i had to learn where the coal was stoked in the engine.

P.S. Great work with the new paint scheme prog for WA, i'm downloading it now. 8)
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Dec 2005, 09:37

Thanks :) I passed on my mock test with 13 minor faults and after that I cleared a load up because I got more confident with clutch control.

LOL at your description of your test - I'm sure it wasn't that long ago really. Maybe crankhandles for starting. I think my mum did that with one of her learning cars in the 70s! although that might have been my Grandad's car instead of the instructor's. My grandad definately used a crankhandle car though.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 10 Dec 2005, 11:06

No i didn't have a crankhandle......

I had a Nissan Micra instead :shock:

When I passed in 1990 there was no theory test like the one now, he just asked me to read a number plate and asked me a couple of questions and that was that. Then it was out on the road for the practical test. It was a lot easier to pass then than it is now

Do you have any idea what type of car you will get yet :?:

Just don't get a basic car like a Fiesta 1.1, fit alloys and flared wheel arches and paint flames down the side like some of the kids round here. Oh and the big bore exhaust.......great at destroying the cars petrol consumption. :lol:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 10 Dec 2005, 19:11

Yeah, I'll get something fairly normal - whatever ends up reasonable and cheap on the insurance/running!

Not that long ago if you were taking your test in 1990 :P although it was easier then, no theory, no 'show me, tell me'!