help

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

help

Postby stfas at 18 Jul 2007, 14:19

could i get a little help in a mini-mod that im making for myself?, it makes so that campaign uses my ultrian scheme, id be happy if someone could help me with it

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: help

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jul 2007, 08:52

Which version of the game are you doing it for? And what tools have you got and tried using?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Re: help

Postby stfas at 21 Jul 2007, 09:27

well im using dc 1.2 and i meant change the teamcolour in sp to the ultrian scheme i made.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jul 2007, 13:44

With all of the campaigns then you can't just change the team colour, what you need to do is change the textures.

If you download the Texture Tool from Skins@HWT, and an SGA extractor (I'd recommend my SGA Explorer ;) ) then the basic steps are:

• Extract all Space Marine WTPs from the Shared Texture SGAs (DC and DoW)
  • Set up your teamcolour in the Texture Tool settings
  • Do a "compile TGA" for all WTP files
  • Do a "TGA->DDS" for all TGAs (DXT1 should be fine) or convert each one manually using another tool/application for better quality
  • Find the ID of the textures used in the DC campaign (not sure as I've not looked, but someone on the Relic forums found it) and rename the files to match
  • Compile RTX files from the DDS files
  • Enjoy

Hopefully that should get you started :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 21 Jul 2007, 16:47

they use default skin (except sp fc)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 21 Jul 2007, 17:22

well can i get a little help?, when im trying to convert the dds files to rtx it comes up with an error "ERROR: DDS file name specified must end with a number to identify RTX e.g. _default_0.dds"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Jul 2007, 17:53

Firstly, please use the edit button when you're posting replies close together like that. That's what it's there for ;)

When I said "which texture", I meant which of the RTX files. There are eight Relic-made RTX files (which are fixed colour, like RSH files) and they are used instead of WTP files for the team colouring. You need to find which of those it uses so you can replace them.

As for the error, yes, that's expected in some situations. All of Relic's RTX files are in the format unitname_default_0.rtx or unitname_default_1.rtx and so the Texture Tool forces that format on the DDS files it converts from. Just make sure you use the right file name number for the Space Marines in the campaign and it should work fine and replace the in-game textures okay.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 21 Jul 2007, 18:09

was just to say i just fixed the problem

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 21 Jul 2007, 20:27

meh interfearing with the game somehow

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jul 2007, 09:00

Edit button, please ;) Unless it's six hours to a day separate then it can normally be done as an edit.

How is it interfering with the game? If it is causing crashes (which it shouldn't do for a simple RTX replacement) then please post the contents of the warnings.log file after it happens. Otherwise, just describe what happens and what you've changed where (including which files you've extracted).

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 22 Jul 2007, 09:20

no its making the mantle on fc white if not nearer, and someother things like xrayed for some parts

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 22 Jul 2007, 15:52

X-rayed sounds like the alpha channel has gone wrong somewhere. Someone had it once before where a unit got a blue hint and were ghost-like because his paint program put the colour channels in the wrong order. You shouldn't get that issue if all you used was the Texture Tool, though.

As for the FC's mantle, what happens if you regenerate the TGA using a different colour scheme? It's possible that the intensity of the colour is 1.something and so light grey becomes white.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 22 Jul 2007, 16:22

hmm i cant test that right now for im at my dad and forgot to bring the dow cds. for i forgot i was going to reinstall dow/wa/dc